Dear Ringya users,
Today we’re announcing that we will be shutting down Ringya on September 1st, 2019.
7 years ago we set out to create a new and more convenient way for people to manage and share contact lists on their smartphones. We are proud of the community that rallied around our apps and are inspired by the incredible sharing and discovery that came from it. Sadly, we have failed to make Ringya a viable service and are forced to discontinue its operation.
We want to make this transition as smooth as possible for everyone who uses Ringya. Here is what is going to happen on September 1st, 2019:
• The Ringya app will no longer be available for download from the Apple Appstore or from Google Play
• The Ringya server will be shut down, which means that you will no longer be able to create rings, share rings, update existing rings or contacts, send chat messages or post messages on the message board
• Your app will continue to function in offline mode, which means that any information you had in it prior to the termination date will continue to be accessible after the shutdown date
• We will stop all maintenance activities of the app including making sure that it works on future version of your phone’s operating system. This means that if and when you do upgrade the operating system of your mobile phone certain capabilities of the app may stop functioning or the app may stop functioning altogether.
• We will not be offering existing users any updates to the app
• All customer services including tech support will be discontinued
Starting from May 1st 2019 and until September 30th 2019 you will be able to get a copy of your rings as a CSV file (which you can open using most spreadsheet applications including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets) by submitting a request at the Ring Download page on our website. On October 1st, 2019 all the data on our servers will be deleted. Please make sure to download your rings before!
Until the shutdown date, operation of the Ringya service will continue normally.
If you have additional questions or need further help, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you have enjoyed using our apps and thank you for your support,
The Ringya team